FAQ – Questions
- Is Microblading For You?
Those of us that rocked the pencil thin brow of the 90’s and would do anything to have that beautiful full brow again… this is for you.
If you already have full brows but want more definition, accentuating your natural beauty, framing your face and creating symmetry with no effort… this is for you.
If you suffer from alopecia, or trichotillomania, and want that 3D look, if you want to know that when you catch someone staring at your brows it’s because they are jealous… this is for you.
Throw away those brow pencils and make an appointment for a free consultation, you won’t regret it!
- Do I Have to Shave my Brows?
Absolutely not! The more natural your brows are during our consultation the easier it will be for me to read the natural flow of your brow.
- Does it Hurt?
Before and during each procedure numbing cream will be applied to the effected areas to alleviate most of the discomfort. Each client has their own tolerance level, but your artist will be checking in making sure to apply more numbing cream as needed.
- How Long Does Microblading
Microblading is a semi-permanent treatment, so depending on the clients skin type, lifestyle and some medications they may be taking, the life of the treatment varies. Anywhere from 1.5 to 3 years. In most cases a touch up is recommended once a year to keep the hair strokes looking clean and crisp.Your artist can give you more personalized information during your consultation.
- Who Is Not A Candidate?
Anyone taking, but not limited to the following meds:
- Botox in the last four weeks
- Retinol or RetinA
- Blood thinners
- Meds that make you sensitive to the sun
- Accutane within that last 12 months
- Chemotherapy patients are required to provide a clearance letter from their Dr stating they are in stable condition and can receive the treatment.
- If you are allergic to nickel
- If you have gotten a chemical peel in the last 30 days
- If you from eczema
- If you have an autoimmune disorder
- If you suffer from severe acne
- If you have a history of keloid scarring
- If you are pregnant
- How Long Does it Take?
Microblading typically takes two appointments to complete the process. During the consultation the client is profiled, using the measurements of your facial structure, a type of diagram is constructed giving your artist the outline of the perfect brow for your face. Once the first treatment is completed you are ready to get back to life as normal. There will be some aftercare required but should be completely healed within 30 days.
The second session will be no sooner than 30 days, allowing the pigment to set and the epidermis to naturally fall away. The touch-up appointment is designed to allow the artist to see how you healed, how you received the ink and decide with your help, what adjustment, if any, need to be made. Finally the remainder of the hair strokes will be added giving you full, defined brows, turning heads everywhere you go.
- Can My Uneven Brows be Corrected?It’s very common for natural eyebrows to be uneven. A large percentage of my clients come in with this issue as our faces are not perfectly symmetrical. I will be using several techniques to help create balance and harmony, giving you brows that frame your face more evenly.
- Can I Bring a Friend for Support?In order for me to produce the best brows, I work best with no distractions. I’m set up in a very intimate studio designed for the comfort of my client and myself. I welcome anyone who would like to come and give their input but once the procedure starts I prefer to be alone with my client.
- What Should I Do to My Brows Before I Come?Sometimes clients have very thick brows in some areas but are just missing hair in other areas. We never really pay attention to the skin inside those brows. A waxy buildup can form called cradle cap. Please do your best to clean your brows before you come. Most clients don’t have to worry about this but in some rare cases with a thick brow, it can be an issue.
- Are My Brows Going to Look Identical After Microblading?It’s very common for natural eyebrows to be uneven. A large percentage of my clients come in with this issue as our faces are not perfectly symmetrical. I will be using several techniques to help create balance and harmony, giving you brows that frame your face more evenly.
- Can I Bring My Children to My Appointment?I know how hard it is to try and schedule any time for yourself. Unfortunately this is one time that there can be no exceptions to the rule. I have to keep a highly sterile work station and children don’t allow for that.
FAQ – Before and After
Instructions before and after treatment:
- no more than one cup of coffee or one energy drink on the day of the procedure.
- no blood thinning medications on day of procedure, aspirin, vitamin E or niacin.
- no fish oil for 7 days before procedure.
- do not treat the brows by tweezing, shaving or threading for 3 or 4 days prior to procedure.
- on the morning of, shower and wash your hair planning ahead, as you cannot get your brows wet for at least 7 days– you are going to have to get creative to keep those brows dry when cleaning up.
- no matter what your skin type is, avoid getting your brows wet in any way for the next 7 days. NO WET & NO SWEAT!
- no lotion on brows until they are healed.
- no makeup applied to the brows until healed.
- no sauna or steam room until your brows are healed.
- Do not do anything that is going to cause you to sweat.
Apply the healing cream that will be supplied at the time of the procedure, 2 times a day until all the epidermis falls away naturally.
Your perfecting session will be scheduled for no sooner than 30 days post treatment.
Follow up with your artist with any questions.